Product Tips — Regional Variations
If you’re using Clicktools Team edition or higher, it is possible to present your surveys, landing pages, forms, etc. in any number of different languages. You can issue the same survey to each respondent in their native language, or provide regional variations of your content.
For example, in an American English version of your survey or landing page you may refer to Mothers Day being held on 13th May 2012, while in version for participants in the United Kingdom, you may refer to Mothering Sunday having taken place on the18th March 2012. In Mexico (language Mexican) it is 10th May 2012 and in Poland (language Polish) Mothers Day is 26th May 2012. If you are not sure about the dates, I checked them out using this site www.mothersdaycentral.com.
1. To present a survey in multiple languages, go to the Setup page within the Builder.
2. Select the languages in which you wish to issue this survey. Move the languages required into the right-hand column from the left-hand list of languages. To move several languages, click the language(s) you require, and press the single left arrow or use the double left arrow to move all the languages at once.
If you want to disable a different language version, just move the language from the left list to the right-hand list.
3. Now, Apply the languages to your survey. Once applied, a different version of the form is generated for each of the languages you selected.
4. From now on when you enter the Builder for this survey, a drop-down will appear on the right-hand side of the page.
5. To edit a different language version, select the required language from the drop down. You are then editing that version of the survey for the selected language.
You are then free to add all the content specific for that language. You can edit questions and text to make the appropriate regional variations.
6. You must always use the Apply button to ensure your language variations take effect and add the different language version to the overall survey.
7. Repeat this for each language version of your survey that you require.
8. Set the Language Selection to Yes within the presentation template you intend to use within your deployment.
9.When you deploy your survey, Clicktools will by default display the English version of the survey. When respondents accesses your survey, they can select their language from the pull-down list of available languages (the ones for which you created separate versions).
Here are some other useful tips to remember :
- If you use Clicktools Contacts and have the preferred language stored against your contacts, the survey will be presented in the contact’s language, as long as you have created a version of the survey in that language.
- You can force the selection of a language by adding the appropriate language code to your survey URL. Or pass the language code from the browser or your CRM. Check out Clicktools Help to find out about all the valid language codes.
More tips on how to make the most of Clicktools coming soon.