Product Tips – Hyperlink to content
There are times when you must present important documents, slides, video, third-party content, or other “fine print” to your customers. For example, let’s say you need to share a map with directions to find you.
In Clicktools, a great way to do this is using hyperlinks.
For example, this hyperlink: Map to find Clicktools
To include a link like the one above in your survey, landing page, script, or form, you do not need to know HTML.
1. Within the Clicktools builder, insert a text element.
2. Within the text writing pane, type the text you wish the reader to see, for example: Map to find Clicktools.
3. Select the text so that it is highlighted.
4. Use the WYSIWYG toolbar by selecting the small triangle on the left, then the toolbar is expanded.
5. Then with your text still highlighted select the Insert/Edit Link icon.
6. A pop up appears to guide you through the hyperlink creation.
7. Fill in the type of link and the URL to call. Select OK and the HTML will automatically be generated for you and the hyperlink will appear in your content:
If you would like the hyperlink to appear within something other than a text/script element, perhaps a text question or other question type, then you will need to write the HTML yourself.
If HTML is not your thing, alternatively create it within the text element as above. View the source using the button on the WYSIWYG toolbar. Then copy and paste the HTML to the question you require.
Come back for more product tips soon.