How to Have Net Promoter Scores Appear on Account Records
Do you ask a Net Promoter (NPS)* question on your survey(s), but don’t see these results on your Salesforce Account records? It’s a quick and reliable way to gauge the health of any account.
Before getting into the nitty gritty, please note that Clicktools can add NPS into Reports/Dashboards as well. Learn to work with NPS in Reports/Dashboards in this blog post, but for now, let’s focus on how to add the same calculation directly on the Account record.
Here’s How to Do It
To begin, create your survey in Clicktools with the NPS question. Add the following fields and roll up summaries into your Salesforce environment. This should be tested in either a Sandbox or Development account prior to deployment in a production org.
In the Custom Object:
- Master-Detail Relationship (From Custom Object to Account)
- Create a new Field to capture Advocacy/NPS (Field type: number)
In the Account:
- Promoter (Formula, number), use formula: IF(NPS__c > 8, 1, 0)
- Detractor (Formula, number), use formula: IF(NPS __c < 7, 1, 0)
- Roll up: Choose newly created Promoter field and choose SUM
- Roll up: Choose newly created Detractor field and choose SUM
- Roll up: COUNT (from custom object), select COUNT
- Create new formula to show NPS (formula, number)
- Use the following formula, replacing with your own field names: ((PromoterSumRollup_c / CountRollup_c) – (DetractorSumRollup_c / CountRollup_c))*100
The end result will show the Advocacy/NPS score as a number ranging from -100 to 100 directly in the Account page. Thus, every time a customer takes the Clicktools survey, the Account page will be updated with the most up-to-date information. This provides a great way to judge the health of the account without running reports or refreshing dashboards.
There you have it. By aggregating the Advocacy/NPS score on the Account page, Salesforce users can see the most up-to-date indicator of the health of the account.
Note: Promoter and Detractor SUM and COUNT fields can be hidden from view. We left them in to show the calculation for this article. We recommend only showing the final NPS calculation on the Account object.
*Net Promoter is a registered trademark of Satmetrix Systems, Fred Reichheld, and Bain & Co.