Integration Through File Import/Export
Clicktools provides comprehensive integration with the most popular on‐demand CRM packages that allows real time, automated transfer of data between Clicktools and CRM. Whilst this level of integration is with a limited number of software packages, data can be exchanged with other systems using Clicktools Import and Export functionality.
Clicktools includes a Contact database used for deploying surveys via email. A Contact record holds up to 28 data elements for each contact, 22 of which can be defined by the user: email address is used as the unique identifier and must be present. All of the data items can be used to personalise the content of a survey in two ways:
- Personalise survey/form content. Different Questions in the survey/form can be presented based on the data in a contact record. For example if a Contact field holds information about product type, different questions can be presented for different types of product.
- Information from the Contact record can be ‘piped’into the survey/form. For example, in a survey following a call to a help desk, the subject of the call (imported into the Contact record) can be inserted into the introductory title of the survey.
Bulk import is done using a file (typically a .csv file) that matches the structure of the Clicktools Contact record. It is important that the data matches this structure or surveys may not function correctly. Clicktools provides a header file for this purpose. Where a record with an email already exists, Clicktools will overwrite any of the associated data, ensuring that each record is unique. There is no limit to the number of contacts that can be imported.
Whilst Clicktools provides a low cost ‘iewer’license for people that only need to see results of their forms/surveys, some companies want to include selected results (e.g. overall satisfaction) in their core systems.Clicktools provides an export facility, which produces a file that can then be imported into other systems. The Clicktools Export facility provides extensive flexibility for selecting which results to export:
- Select questions to be exported
- Filter records to be exported using contact data, question responses, dates or any combination of these.
- Contact data associated with the results.
- Data about the survey such as completion date and survey title.
Clicktools provides a file (a comma or tab separated values file) that most systems can import.
Acme wants to send a survey to customers that have purchased products via their web site in the past month. Whilst Clicktools is used for detailed analysis and reporting, Acme want selected results to be visible in their accounting system, the primary system for their product and customer data.The list of customers to be surveyed, their names, a unique customer ID, email address and the product they purchased are exported from the accounting system and imported into Clicktools.Personalised email invitations are sent from Clicktools. The survey references the product they purchased (using piping) and, (using Conditional questions) presents different questions based on which of the six product families their purchase involved.On completion of the survey each month, selected data are exported using Clicktools Export functionality:
- Customer ID (originally imported into Clicktools Contact record from the accounting system), which is used to associate the data with the correct record in the accounting system.
- Overall satisfaction score.
- Date the survey was completed.
- A data filter was set in Clicktools that selected only data captured in the last month into the export file.
The resulting .csv file was passed to IT for uploading the data into the accounting system. If you would like to discuss your requirements in more detail, please contact your account manager or email@example.com.