How does your team affect customer experience?
As more companies shift into being truly customer-centric, individual departments must consider their direct effect on customer experience. It’s really an exciting challenge — to step back and say, “How do we as a team make an impact on customer sentiment and more importantly, whether customers plan to remain loyal, buy again, and serve as advocates?”
Because Clicktools is designed to be used across your entire organization by all customer-facing teams, it’s a worthwhile exercise for your group to sit down and brainstorm the use cases and benefits of integrating feedback into CRM and how your efforts might be leveraged by the broader organization. Do remember that at every interaction, from their first marketing touch to their latest support call, customers are forming an opinion that affects your company’s financial success. What can you do to transform customer feedback into profit? Take a look at your role in the list below to consider how you might become the strongest link in the chain and add to the complete view of the customer in ways that drive the business forward.
How will your team positively affect customer experience?
- Customer Experience / Success: You’ve got the very important job of keeping customers engaged and loyal. This is no small task and one that’s increasingly visible to the executive team — and perhaps the entire company. As more and more research shows, retaining current customers proves more financially valuable over time than signing new ones. So, your role in generating revenue is in the spotlight. See how Clicktools helps >
- Customer Service / Support: Research suggests 64% of people think service is more important than price when choosing to continue to do business with a company. That makes service in the era of the empowered customer more critical than ever: it puts service and support on the front-line of customer experience. Poor service also has a real financial effect as PR nightmares from unhappy customers sharing bad experiences on social media depress sales. See how Clicktools helps >
- Human Resources: The workplace isn’t as simple as it once was. Recruiting and retaining top talent is more competitive than ever, as workers expect flexible, progressive environments and attractive benefits packages. All eyes are on you to save the company money by keeping employee retention rates high, complying with increasing regulation, while also ensuring that hiring processes are inexpensive and efficient. There’s never been more on your plate. See how Clicktools helps >
- Marketing: As companies recognize the need to become more focused on the customer, CEOs are increasingly turning to marketers to take the lead. The added responsibility of shaping the customer experience across the customer lifecycle brings a need for even more information about the customer. See how Clicktools helps >
- Sales: As buyers increasingly take control of the sales process, capturing information at every step is essential. Whether it is further information about the buyer, how they feel about the process, or why they chose not to do business with you, every insight is crucial. Now, organizations are collecting feedback across the entire buyer journey, including measuring sales effectiveness by more than just closed deals. Today’s sales management stars recognize the need to deliver a great buying experience. Understanding the customer’s perspective is absolutely mandatory. See how Clicktools helps >
- Training: Training your staff and customers is a crucial part of the customer journey and a valuable opportunity to shape customer experience. So, what could be more important than knowing if your training programs meet the needs of learners and make a difference to their performance? When you really understand their needs, your courses become more attractive and generate repeat attendance and broader exposure from positive word of mouth. This elevates your training program into one that customers and staff rave about and that drives the success of your business. See how Clicktools helps >
- CRM Admin: As a CRM Admin, you face one of the most complex jobs in the organization and one of the most critical in affecting customer experience. It’s up to you to make sure that processes are optimized to best serve customers — not internal structure or politics. Whether you’re devising a broad technical project to maximize company-wide use of the system or managing a departmental endeavor for marketing, sales, or customer support, everything you do directly affects how customers perceive you and as such, the success of the business. See how Clicktools helps >
- Contact Center: As companies focus on the financial benefits of improving customer experience, the contact center has come into the spotlight. After all, it’s your team who interacts with customers all day. The executive team has read the research — they will go to a competitor if you disappoint them and the cost of this can be devastating if it happens consistently. The contact center must be a place where customer satisfaction increases, not decreases, and you need to be able to prove that that’s what’s happening. See how Clicktools helps >
We welcome your Comments below if you have insights on how your team leverages customer feedback!