Creating a Clicktools Import File from Oracle CRM on Demand
Clicktools enables a user to deploy a survey or form to a large number of contacts using its inbuilt email engine. At the moment, there is no automatic way to capture a list of participants into Clicktools from CRMOD. This can however be done by exporting a list of records from CRMOD and importing them into Clicktools.
To do this, you need to create a .csv file of the contacts which can then be imported into Clicktools. The easiest way to do this from CRMOD is to create a Report containing the list of contacts and any associated demographic variables. The following steps in CRMOD will create the file your need:
- Click on the ‘Reports’ tab and then ‘Design Analyses’
- Select ‘Contacts’ from the Reporting list [You can build a report from other objects in CRMOD; I am using Contacts as an example.]
- Click on ‘+’ against Contacts in the left hand column
- Click on the name of the filed you want to add e.g. ‘Email’ repeat this step until you have added all the fields you require.
- Reorder the fields by dragging them into the correct position. You should set the order to match the structure required by Clicktools to save having to edit the file later. [The structure of the Clicktools header file can be downloaded as follows> Contacts>Import>Download headers file
- If you want a subset of the records, add one or more Filters in CRMOD by clicking on the Filter (Looks like a funnel) button in the appropriate field. Again, repeat the process to add multiple filters. Filters will be added into the section ‘Filters’. If you have added more than one filter, you will be offered the option of AND or OR.
- Add a Prompt if required. This allows you to set the filter values at the time the report is created.
- Click ‘Finish’ to save your report.
You can now import the data into Clicktools through the Contacts menu and use the list to send your survey.
NOTE: The file you import into Clicktools must contain the headers as the first row in the file. It is also vital that the columns are in exactly the same order as the headers file downloaded, including blank columns for data that you are not importing. Remember that any data you upload will be matched using email as the primary key. If a record with the same email address exists in Clicktools, it will be overwritten by any new data in the import file. You can find more information on the Clicktools import process in online help.