Coming to C3? Let’s talk about creating successful customers.
With the CallidusCloud Connections (C3) customer conference starting first thing next week, our focus is even more “all about customers” than usual. Not only do we get to gather in person and enjoy some good old-fashioned face time with our customers; we also get to learn and collaborate together to bring everyone up a notch (or more) in how we leverage enterprise feedback to create more successful customers (and by extension, better businesses).
I’ve written about Creating Successful Customers a few times this year because it’s an increasingly pressing topic, as we enter what Todd Eby refers to as “the Success Economy.” This approach asserts that customer success is THE KEY to business success. The paradigm shift is to talk about creating “successful customers,” rather than “existing customers,” “return customers,” “renewals,” and the like.
That’s exactly what we’re going to be doing in the Customer Experience Track at C3 2016! We’re going to lead hands-on product training to ensure that our customers are maximizing their feedback efforts with the full power of the Clicktools platform. We’re going to hear from Sony Playstation, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Flight Centre, and Royal Canin on how they use Clicktools (often integrated with Salesforce) to better understand and serve their customers. We going to learn from Annette Franz of CX Journey and Jeannie Walters of 360Connext about how to become more strategic and disciplined in creating deliberate customer experiences that drive engagement, satisfaction, and loyalty. Clicktools partner, Traction on Demand, will discuss going beyond CSAT and leveraging feedback across new and different areas of your business.
And that’s only a portion of what’s on the menu! There are a ton of compelling sessions to attend (Peyton Manning, anyone?), invaluable networking, and parties to enjoy. For those of you who are going to be at the conference, I know there’s already extra pressure to stay caught up with your current job responsibilities, even as you go offsite to Vegas for three days. BUT, in addition to everything else you’ve got going on, I’d like to ask you to prepare for a session led by Clicktools’ Vice President of Operations, Oliver Taylor, and myself. What will we be talking about? Creating successful customers, of course!
As you prepare for C3 2016 and the Customer Experience Track, consider these topics that we’ll address during the “Creating Successful Customers” session, to be held on Wednesday, May 11th at 10:00 AM.
- Feedback program design — How have you mapped your customer journeys? Who owns this in the business? Do you think journey mapping has enhanced customer experience?
- Deployment — What’s your approach to asking for feedback in a timely manner and finding customers where they are? Has mobile changed the game for you? Which of your current survey deployment methods are most effective?
- Metrics — Do real results (i.e. numbers) drive decision-making? What metrics are you using and which do you think have the greatest impact on improving the business? Which metrics are a waste of time?
- Sharing results — How do you make customer and employee feedback available across the organization? Do the right people see these insights for ongoing improvement or do silos still exist?
- Taking action — What processes and workflows do you have in place to ensure feedback receives proper response? What successes can you share with the group on how to turn feedback into action?
Thanks for putting a bit of thought into these topics! We look forward to a lively, interactive discussion with you next week.