5 tips for attending Dreamforce 2016
With Dreamforce just barely more than one week away, it’s time to put your plan together for making the most of the biggest technology conference in the world. The event covers a massive amount of territory (both geographically and informatively speaking), so map out your objectives prior to arriving.
Whether you’re going as a participant or a sponsor, know in advance what you wish to accomplish. What do you aim to learn by info-gathering at sessions and vendor booths? Do you want to attract high quality prospects or large quantities of leads to your booth? Decide your approach ahead of time or you may be overwhelmed by the masses at Moscone Center and far beyond. Especially if you’re attending sessions or training, having a schedule will keep you focused during your off hours to efficiently navigate the huge space. Also, be sure to check out this quick one-minute video from Salesforce on Dreamforce Pro-Tips: Agenda Management.
Clicktools’ Top Five Tips for #DF16:
1. Discover new technologies. Not only does Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff have a penchant for revealing exciting technologies and trends during his keynote, this is THE place to explore the latest and greatest solutions for doing pretty much everything in business and beyond, especially within the Salesforce environment. You may want to speak with other teams across your business, determine what new tools are needed, and create a Company Wish List. Take on the roll of secret shopper for your colleagues, view lots of demos on the Expo floor, and grab a bunch of marketing collateral and give-aways to bring back to the home office. (Tip 1A: Leave some room in your suitcase when you pack because you’ll easily fill it with schwag). The point is to bring back the energy, ideas, and excitement for your colleagues who don’t get to attend.
2. Stay calm and expo on. Dreamforce is crowded. Very, very crowded. You’ll see those badges and backpacks for as far as the eye can see and in parts of the city nowhere near Moscone. Give yourself longer than you might think is reasonable to do things such as pick up your badge, visit the CloudExpo (oh those escalators!) , or get to one of the nearby hotels. The good news is that there are abundant transportation options from pedal-powered to cabs to trains, if walking isn’t your thing. Take a few deep breaths and ride the waves of people out there on their own mission to take it all in. (Tip 2A: Don’t even think you’re going to take it all in). If you get totally wiped out, find a comfy blue bean bag in the grass and chill out for a while.
3. Connect with customers. Remember that it’s not just about prospects and vendors. Some of your customers will surely be there, so take advantage of the proximity and time to schedule meetings, group sessions, and social events. Also, remember when booking meetings and social gatherings, time is of the essence. The city’s popular venues are packed with Dreamforce attendees that week and availability can be scarce. At this point, you might need to get creative with meeting venues, if you haven’t already booked them. (Tip 3A: Schedule a one-on-one meeting in one of those legendary Dreamforce Pedicabs). Nothing livens up a meeting better than some fresh ocean air.
4. Network, network, network. Originally, most Dreamforce attendees were sales reps and IT admins, followed several years later by an influx of CRM admins. Most recently, however, people of all job functions and levels have flocked to Dreamforce, including V and C-suite attendees. Be prepared with strategic soundbites to get your high-level messages across very quickly and efficiently. (Tip 4A: Be mindful of having confidential conversations with colleagues or customers). There are eyes and ears everywhere, which can be great for networking but horrible for being overheard when you don’t want to be.
5. Spend time at the CallidusCloud booth (#1215). To find your Clicktools, Badgeville, and Litmos friends and contacts, you’ll need to trek over to the CallidusCloud Titanium-sponsored space, where we’ll have live theater presentations, product demos, and feedback and engagement experts a-plenty. Please schedule an onsite meeting with us by visiting clicktools.com/dreamforce and plan to attend our panel session on Thursday, October 6th. (Tip 5A: Enter for a chance to win a Porsche)!